*Warning* heartfelt mushiness ahead.... you have been warned.
This is my final goodbye to Galateia Vhargon, my sl sis, one of my best friends and closest confidant, who is missed by so many people. She was hit and killed by a car in RL while walking to the corner store on November 30th, 2008.
Gala first became part of my sl when she was a regular at TK Club, a PG club that I was a DJ at (I know, I know hard to believe *I* was working a PG club, sometimes weird things happen) she became a host there eventually.
We lost touch and ran into each other at a mutual friends hip hop club and got to talking about clothes and stores like we did back at TK. Once again, we were back on track. She was one of those friends we all have who, even though we may not be in their daily lives and can lose touch it's easy to fall back into the familiarity of talking and by the end of one conversation we were close friends once again.
In our SLives we will lose touch with people close to our hearts, it just happens for one reason or another. Schedules change, RL needs attending to more then it used to, some time away from SL, and many more reasons to numerous to list. Gala and I made the effort to always keep in touch despite some absences on both our parts and it was always picking up where we left off, the closeness was always there.
The memorial that Payten Harrop organized was very touching. He really did a great job in expressing all the thoughts I was too upset to voice. Thank you , Payten, very well done.
This is a very difficult post to write. I've always had this vision of having a lighthearted blog on fun randomness. Some posts just need to be written, this post is one of them.
Gala was such a sweet person with excellent fashion sense. She knew some great stores and could put together an incredible outfit with very little effort.
She never failed to make me laugh with her sense of humor. Or the goofing we did while posing for pics.
I'm blessed to have Gala as my sis. She will be missed. Her presence in my sl made my sl so much better.
My memories of Gala with always be fond and funny. I have no room in my heart for doubts and questions about things I have no power to find answers to, I do know that the person Gala was to me is the person who is no longer a part of my sl and I will miss her terribly. With much sadness I say a fond farewell to my sis Gala. May she rest with angels.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sorry to hear about your friend Tristan :(
My thoughts are with you, I can only guess how hard it is to grief for the loss of a "virtual" friend.
Post a Comment