Friday, November 14, 2008

Do you kiss your mom with that mouth ?

We've all heard it and it's a valid question. More a question of how we can be so hurtful to others but still have the capacity for loving our family.

What if all those mean things we've done to others were done to the people we loved?

I am hoping by writing this to help people stop and think about their actions and the ways it affects other people, maybe not in some direct way but for sure in some way. Everytime we smile at someone that person feels like smiling and will smile at the next person and so on and so forth. It has begun with a smile that many will feel in their day. Pay it forward.

The same is true when we put out negative emotions onto others. They hurt, their loved ones hurt for them. Mean spiteful words and actions impacts alot.

This is all about tolerance y'all. If we didn't practice tolerance where would we be? Someone, somewhere had to be tolerant for sl to be put into being.

Without that tolerance none of us would be here now, so please stop and think before being spiteful, and intolerant of each other. Show compassion and be kind to yourselves and to others.

Life would suck if we didn't have tolerance. Tolerance is part of progression and growth. Please be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Next time you see that noob walking around with one shoe just remember that was you once and be kind. Hell,go for some real kindness and offer some advice to help them along. That gesture maniac you happen to be in the same sim with, well maybe in their sl that is how they communicate because they're too shy to find a different way to be social. Maybe it's the way things are done around the people they normally hang out with. Just realize alot of the things we find irritating may have different meanings to the ones doing them.



I challenge everyone who reads this to try using that extra bit of tolerance in the next few days and then wait to see the reactions over the next couple weeks. And if you really want a great challenge take Ivey's challenge...

Have a great sl and enjoy life ^^

3 comments:

Ivey Deschanel said...

I'm so in love with this and as I said in world, really happy I know you today. The thing about all thats gone on this week is you get to know more about some people than you wanted to know and then you get to know what you WANTED to about others. Pass it forward, I always loved that philosophy. Ty for all you did today my friend. It'll come back to you.

Asthenia said...

Such a great post!
I've always believed in what you give is what you get & you should treat others the way you want to be treated

Dyami Jameson said...

I like this post Tristan. I remember you talking about it the other night. I agree with you here. Kind of makes you stop and think. I think we're all in a hurry or don't want to be bothered, so laugh it off, shrug our shoulders, and we move on. Maybe if we are a little more tolerable sometimes, we can make SL a better place for all of us. I'm going to try this out for myself.