While I was at a live music event here in SL I came across this saying in a profile and it made me think of just how true it is....
There comes a point in your life when you realize
who matters,
who never did,
who won't anymore...
and who always will.
So, don't worry about people from your past,
there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.
This brings to mind a blog I've been thinking of posting about *gasp* love and friendships in SL.
This comes about because lately I've been catching up with friends and loves from my SL that I hadn't seen in too long.
The drama y'all kinda know about LOL . *shudders* Sooo glad that's over. /me hugs the mute button happily
Some friends I haven't been in touch with... Hmm where do I start there ? Seems like it always happens in several people not just one or two.
Sometimes this can be a good thing, actually almost always. :-) Only one past friend who I was unhappy to see *insert drama here* but that's done thankfully. *sighs*
But other friends who just hadn't been online or were busy with something else or just made new avvies hoping to escape some mishap.
So one such friend and I were dicussing love in SL the pros and cons of it. How does one decide if love in SL is bad or good ? Shouldn't it be both?
Many of us who have found an SL partner and gotten hurt, but should that keep us from being open to the possibility of finding it again ? I'm not saying that we should all run out to the nearest date-an-avvie store front but just not shut down and stay positive. Is this a really naive approach to SL dating ? Would being all emo or negative really keep the people out of your life who have the ability to touch our hearts ? If so , is this really a good thing ?
To my way of thinking life is for being happy , with ourselves, our lives, and our hearts. If our heart isn't happy how can our lives be happy ? I'm not saying love is the only thing that makes our hearts happy. I'm thinking being closed off from life because of past hurts might make us unhappy.
Anyways enough rambling from me for now. Thanks for y'all who actually read this stuff lol..
Psst I did warn you it was gonna be random didn't I ?
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment